Thai traditional medicine reveals 13 self-massage steps to prevent office syndrome (Office Syndrome), especially those who work at home, work from home
Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine recommends 13 steps of self-massage. Prevent and alleviate office syndrome (Office Syndrome), especially those who work at home and do not move physically during Work From Home can do it by themselves.
Dr. Kwanchai Wisitthanon, Deputy Director-General of the Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine, said that due to the COVID-19 epidemic situation in the country, many agencies, both public and private sectors. Have a policy for personnel to work at home (Work From Home), which requires a computer to work. Or having to meet online for several hours a day and found Diseases that come with the Work From Home period are Office Syndrome, having pain in the muscles of the shoulders, neck and back caused by sitting or contracting in the same position for a long time. Stiffens the muscles Poor blood circulation Thus resulting in pain in such cases If left for a long time May result in pain in other muscles.
For the exit of the disease It is recommended that people who have to sit and work for a long time Regular self-massage To prevent and alleviate the symptoms of office syndrome with the following 13 steps:
1. Use the fingers of your right hand to massage the left knuckle and pull straight out. Do it gently to feel the tension around the knuckles. Similar to removing the ring By doing every knuckle massage with this method Will help loosen the tendons of the knuckles Helps the blood flow easily. Prevents locking fingers
2. Use the right thumb to massage the back of the hand and the left palm. Will stimulate the blood of the palm and the back of the hand
3. Use your right thumb. Massage the left wrist, inside and out. This will help loosen the muscles and tendons around the wrist.
4. Extend your left arm straight forward and use your right hand to bend the fingertips of the left hand in an upside-down manner and upside down, respectively. This will help to stretch the muscles and tendons of the arm.
5. Use the right thumb to massage along the inner arm muscle. Which is divided into 3 ways:
1) thumb alignment
2) Middle finger alignment
3) little finger alignment
The massage begins from the forearm up to the upper arm and ends at the armpit area. This will help loosen the inner arm muscles. Stimulate the blood flow to the arm
6. Use the right thumb to massage along the outer arm muscles. In the middle finger line From the wrist up to the end of the shoulder area This will help loosen the outer arm muscles.
7. Use the fingers of the right hand (index finger, middle finger, ring finger) to massage the left chest muscle. This will help loosen the pectoral muscles.
8. Use the fingers of the right hand (index finger, middle finger, ring finger) to massage from the left shoulder muscle line and the nape of the neck, ending at the base of the skull. In this case, it will help loosen the muscles of the neck and shoulders, causing more blood to flow to the head area
9. Massage alternately from left side to right side. Starting from steps 1-8
10. Put both hands together at the neck. Then use the thumbs on both sides to massage the muscles along both sides of the neck at the same time By pressing the massage from the base of the neck up to the base of the skull This case helps to relieve blurred vision.
11 Use the fingers of both hands to massage the entire head. Like a hair wash In this case, it stimulates blood flow around the head, helping to relieve the headache.
12. Do the exercise Hermit Dutton resolves lazy. With hands clasped around the chest Extend your arms to the left, front looking straight, bending out to the right. Bending out to the front And bending to draw arms stretched to the top With leaning to the left and right In this case, stretching the shoulders, arms, back, chest and rib and the posture
13. Shoulder rotation By lifting the arms to the back, left and right by doing 5 to 10 times at a time, it will help the muscles of the shoulder, chest, shoulder blades loosen, causing the blood to circulate in the area better.