Family without fingerprints

Déposez ici vos recherches ou offres de location/ colocation d'atelier.
Répondre
kafa88
Rang 4
Rang 4

Message par kafa88 » sam. 26 déc. 2020 05:02

Apusarker showed me his open palm in a video call from his home in Bangladesh. At first there seemed to be nothing wrong. But as I looked closer, I saw the smooth surface of his fingertips.Apu, 22, lives with his family in a village in northern Natore. He worked as a physician assistant until recently. His father and grandfather were farmers.The men in the Apu family appear to share a genetic mutation, so rare that they are thought to affect only a few families in the world: they don't have fingerprints.Back in Apu's grandfather, not having fingerprints was no big deal. "I don't think he ever thought it was a problem," Apu said.But over the decades, the tiny grooves that swirl around our fingertips known as dermatoglyphs Has become the world's ***spam*** aggregated biometric data. We use it for everything from airport passes to voting and smartphone launch.

In 2008, when Apu was still a slotxo child, Bangladesh released an identity card for all adults and the database required fingerprints. A baffled employee doesn't know how to issue a card for Apu's father, Amal Sarker. Finally, he received a card with "NO FINGERPRINT" stamped on it.In 2010, fingerprints became essential for passports and driving licenses. After several attempts, Amal was able to get his passport, showing a certificate from the medical commission. He never used it, partly because he feared the problems he might face at the airport. And although riding a motorbike is essential to his farm work But he still never received a driving license "I paid the exam fee. But they didn't issue a license because I couldn't identify my fingerprints, ”he said.Amal carries the license fee payment receipt with you. But it didn't always help him when he was on strike - he was fined twice. Confused by describing his condition to the two officers, he said, and raised their fingertips. But not exempted from fines

This has always been an embarrassing experience for me,” Amal said.In 2016, the government forced fingerprints to be matched with the country's database to ***spam*** SIM cards for mobile phones.
They looked confused when I went to ***spam*** a SIM, their software kept freezing every time I put my finger on the sensor," Apu said with a wry smile. Apu was denied purchase and now all male members of his family use the SIM card issued in his mother's name.A rare condition that can harm the Sarker family is called Adermatoglyphia It was first known in 2007 when Swiss dermatologist Peter Itin was contacted by a woman in the country in her late twenties who had difficulty entering the United States. Her face matches the photo on the passport. But the customs officer could not record any fingerprints because she didn't have it.Examining Professor Itin found that the woman and eight members of her family had the same strange symptoms, flat finger pads and reduced hand sweat glands. Professor Itin worked with another dermatologist, Eli Sprecher and graduate student Janna Nousbeck, Professor Itin, examined the DNA of 16 members of the family, seven with fingerprints and nine without fingerprints.

Separate cases are very rare and there are no more than a few families.In 2011, the team tested the SMARCAD1 gene, mutated in nine unprinted family members, identified as the cause of the rare disease. Little was known about the genes at the time. Mutations do not seem to cause health effects other than the effects on the hands.The mutations they look for over the years affect the gene. "Nobody knew anything about it," said Professor Sprecher, and it took years to find it. Additionally, mutations affect specific parts of the gene, he said. "Which seems to have no function in the genes that do not have functions Once discovered, the disease was named Adermatoglyphia, but Prof Itin called it. "Delayed immigration syndrome" after the first patient had difficulty entering the United States and the name became infected.Immigration delays can affect generations of families,

Apu Sarker's uncle Gopesh, who lives in Dinajpur, 350km (217 miles) from Dhaka, has to wait two years to get an authorized passport, he said.I've had to travel to Dhaka four or five times in the last two years to convince them that I really have the condition.When his office started using the fingerprint attendance system, Gopesh had to convince his supervisor to allow him to use the legacy system - signing the attendance sheet every day.A dermatologist in Bangladesh has diagnosed our family with congenital keratoderma, which Prof. Itin is believed to develop as a disease. Adermatoglyphia Secondary, a disease that can cause dry skin and decreased sweating of the palms and feet - a symptom reported by Sarkers.

Répondre
Suivez-nous sur
close
Me connecter

Avec mon compte :

Ou via mon compte kobOne :